Your new hire might need your support with relocation matters, such as:
- finding a home and declaring their place of residence,
- enrolling in the healthcare system and registering at a medical institution,
- opening a bank account,
- finding a kindergarten or a school for their kids,
- registering a vehicle.
- You can refer your candidate to the relocation section on our website to help them prepare for their move. Also consider partnering with companies that provide professional relocation services: Nortvus, Relokon, or Relocation to Lithuania.
- Find a person on your team who can act as a mentor for your international colleague and help them navigate the company. It can also be useful to create a guide for foreign talent with information on job procedures, corporate policies, contact persons, corporate values etc.
- Make sure that your team is ready to welcome a new member. If necessary, offer additional language lessons and cross-cultural workshops. Improving levels of cultural awareness helps you to avoid some costly failures in communication.